Sunday, October 27, 2013

Lazy Sunday

I got a good bit accomplished this weekend.  Did my house tidying routine, have a sliced roast in the slow cooker making italian beef for dinner tonight (new recipe - will let you know how it goes!) and even have been able to slip in more backstitching on the stocking!

When I came upstairs this is what I came to - sleeping kitties :)  I love seeing them napping so close together.  They are just too cute and make my heart squeeze.  Hope your weekend has been a good one!

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

IHSW October

This weekend was the International Hermit and Stitch Weekend.  I used this weekend to work on getting some of the backstitching completed on the stocking and made some progress.  I forgot how long it takes to backstitch and it felt like it took forever and I didn't get far.
Well that is my report for this weekend's stitching! 

Sunday, October 20, 2013

2014 Crazy January Challenge

Since I had to go through all of my craft supplies and stash when I was setting up my new craft desk I came across all of my cross stitch stash.  Looking over what kits I have, patterns I have wanted to start and presents I'd received I had quite a few things to add to my January Challenge to start next January and not feel guilty!  So now I'm working on getting my supplies together and then need to start kitting them up. 
I've got each project in a gallon size plastic bag but I'm thinking about getting these hard plastic pocket folders you can get at an office supply store that come in legal size since many of these don't allow me to close the bag due to their size.

I went out and did get all of the colors I needed for The Arab Tent but Hobby Lobby didn't carry two of the colors so I've ordered them from 123stitch and should get them by next week.  I've got a lot of skeins to bag again and just finished bagging all of my others :0)

Friday, October 18, 2013

WIPocalypse October

Well I got a good bit of progress done this month and this is my first WIPocalypse posting!!!
First is the stocking I've been working on and need to work on it the most out of all the projects.

I pretty much got the desk finished and started on the stool blanket.  I also added the backstitching to the borders on top.

Memory Lane is one I didn't realize I even started back some time ago the stitching in the right bottom is what was started and I got the top corner going.  I'm using this to see if I like to grid and park.  Never did this before but with this one I wanted to give it a try.  So far I really like it!

Here is little miss Maggie the mess maker.  I can totally relate!  I worked on a few parts finishing up the purple spool of thread and working around the yellow behind the kitty's head.  I added a few grid lines to help me as I'm having a hard time with missed stitches.

Little sleepy Fredrick here I worked on finishing up on some of the red books and added the bits of paper on top of them as well.

Well there you have it that is my update and not too shabby if you ask me :)  finally feeling like I'm getting some major progress on a lot of these!

Ta-Ta until next time!

Sunday, October 6, 2013

TUSAL report

Here's my first TUSAL report and I'm late!  If you don't know what that is it stands for Totally Useless Stitch Along and you can find info here about it.  I've been working on reorganizing my floss stash.  I use to use the bows from DMC but I've out grown that and had been looking for another way to store my floss and after much review I've decided to give Daffycats way a try.

I started by pulling out all of my floss from my bag, my bobbin box and even have some in little bags that were given to me.
Isn't that just a rich colorful site!  I then laid them out in order so I could see what I had of each color.  I had quite a bit of duplicating purchases after I saw what all was there!
Then came the fun part....putting the bags together with the index cards and I also went ahead and precut each skein (I thought that was a great idea from Daffycat) and placed the bag in the plastic shoebox.
I'm still a little undecided as to how I want to "kit" up my projects for January's ultimate challenge.  Originally I liked the idea of using the bobbins for each project but I hate how the floss gets kinks in it.  I'm thinking I will go to using a project card instead and see how that works.  I at least did manage to get all of my projects into their individual bags that I will work out of.
I still need to get some of the fabric for a few of them and find out what flosses I'm missing so I can go get those as well.   It's interesting how I had not given it much thought about how I'm going to organized my projects considering so many will be started in such a short period of time.

Let me know how you are getting ready for that big busy month of January!